Wednesday, September 28, 2011

 

Anterne - the wonders of the Alps - 3-5 July 2011

Cascade de Pleureuse by Ade Holmes
Cascade de Pleureuse, a photo by Ade Holmes on Flickr.




I said I'd take both girls on a 16th birthday 'treat' with me to the Alps and after a lovely trip with Sophie to the Aravis in June 2007, this year it was the nearby Anterne with Izzy.
As always nothing prepares me for the wonderful things I'm going to see, hear, and experience - and with perfect weather this was a great trip. We stayed 2 nights at the Alfred Wills Refuge, and on day 2 did a walk along the ridge above at 2500m.
The 'icing on the cake' when you walk in this area are the views of Mont Blanc, and as you enter the Anterne high pasture, it's suddenly there...and from thereon it's never far away.




Click on the title to see more pictures of the trek. This photo is one of the 2 waterfalls in the lower part of the valley on our way up after an early start that morning from Romsey..!!






Photos from my trip with Sophie in June 2007 can be found on the blog for that month.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?