Monday, March 21, 2011

 

my 100th Munro..!!


my 100th Munro a photo by Ade Holmes on Flickr.

"For here lies the true joy of battle, in exhilerating contest with the elements, upon mountains that may be won, yet never conquered, shared by companions who to may be defeated, yet whose spirit I have never seen shaken."

(WH Murray, Mountaineering in Scotland).


With this quote always in my mind when I'm on the hills, it is fitting that my 100th munro should have been in a blizzard on the relatively unknown summit of Meall na Teanga with Simon Fox - a man with over 200 under his boots. We had planned to climb Craig Meagaidh, one of the great scottish mountains, but it was snowing hard, even down at sea level, so we opted for a low place to park, and a lower and uncomplex summit. It was a worthy summit for the day and the weather on the summit ridge was inspiringly awful, with storm force winds and massive amounts of spindrift.

Click on the title for the full set of photos from the trip


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?