Monday, March 21, 2011

 

100th Munro celebration

100th Munro celebration by Ade Holmes
100th Munro celebration a photo by Ade Holmes on Flickr.
It was too wild on the summit to contemplate celebration, so we set up the 2 man bothy at about 2500ft on the way down, where we found some relative shelter.

With so many people having done the munros these days, it may seem a bit low key to celebrate a 100th. But I don't expect or plan to do them all, because I don't get up to Scotland that much, and also there are too many good ones that I want to do again before I would prioritise doing those I have not done. Also, it's a worthy celebration because it's taken me 30 years to achieve..!!

A few stats, for those like me who love this stuff:

First munro - Stob Dearg on Buachaille Etive Mor on 23 Feb 1981 with Michael Simpson

50th Munro - Spidean Mialach in April 1987 with John Shepherd

80th Munro - Garbh Chioch Mor in May 1992 with Jim Rutter

100th Munro - Meall na Teanga in March 2011 with Simon Fox

You'll notice the decline in rate...and I did infact gain 6 new munros from upgrades in the late 1990s.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?