Saturday, December 18, 2010

 

New winter boots..!!


New winter boots..!!
Originally uploaded by Adeeh2
I'd had my fine old Kastinger plastic boots for about 25 years, but have hardly used them in the last 15 years. Now they don't feel right...I suppose your feet change over time. Also they are very solid, weigh 2800g a pair, and the high ankle was restrictive. So I've thrown them away...!!

Here is the replacement, La Sportiva Trango Alp,with mix of leather and synthetics, with a goretex lining. They weigh in at 1850g per pair, a remarkable weight saving, have a small amount of sole flex and the flexi ankle cuff seems to hit the right balance....ideal for pied a plat..!! I also splashed out on some new crampons, replacing my 30 year old Cassin's with some Grivel Airtech newmatic.

Christened the boots with a 6 mile walk in the fresh snow around Romsey, but it's time to go and put them to some real use.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?