Saturday, March 24, 2007

 

....on to Santa Cruz, the coast and San Francisco


Golden Gate Bridge
Originally uploaded by Adeeh2.

....the final installment of our trip..!!!

After a snowy departure from Yosemite we drove the 5 hours to Santa Cruz, about 2 hours down the coast from San Francisco. Dee and the girls were not particularly taken with the town, though I rather liked it's more relaxed style...and there was a great second hand CD shop there -Starlight Records.

The next morning we watched the Santa Cruz surfers - a headland provides a great viewpoint - hence I was able to get so close with just my 4x zoom. Then we followed the beautiful Highway 1 up the coast to San Francisco - and of course had a few photo stops on the way..!!

Finally a swansong in San Francisco and a final lunch at Greens veggie restaurant ended an incredibly satisfying and memorable week. If anyone says it's not worth going for a week, don't let them put you off, time goes slowly when you're seeing new things all the time...and I reckon a second week in another place would have sort of pushed the first week out of our minds to make space...if you know what I mean. Also a great time of year to visit the area, nowhere was too busy.

I took 400 photos on this trip, and it's hard to edit them to the 80+ I've put on Flickr, but I hope it provides a strong flavour of the sights we saw and the experiences we had.

The latest batch start at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adeeh2/432165156/

The full holiday set are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adeeh2/sets/72157594579964175/



Comments:
What a BRILLIANT set of shots Adrian - I love your style and ability to pick out great images when you see them. Very impressed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?