Saturday, November 25, 2006

 

Time to try some film??

Harking back to my blog comments in June I had the urge to try some film again and I had a B&W film scanned from my Leica Minilux. I have to say that I was pretty amazed by the moodiness of the results...and gritty contrast
click on them for a larger photo - what do you think ?

The top 2 pics are Fuji Neopan 400CN on my minilux









This is a B&W from my Casio - not quite the same view , but it's dead on its feet by comparison....gloom Posted by Picasa

Comments:
With digital photography comes the need to understand the world of digital editing. You could argue that the Leica has over saturated if you were so inclined. Get photoshop.
 
As an enthusiast for all things digital, I have to admit that the top pics look nicer, but I think I agree with minnellium's comment that you could probably hack it up with photoshop.

If you don't want to spend the vast sums of money associated with buying Photoshop, you could try out 'Gimp', which is a freeware tool in a similar vein.
 
I like em. Nice to have plenty of contrast and some darks without frigging around post-processing :)
 
Interesting comments....some differing opinions - especially if you see the comment from Hegemony below the next 3 photos. I await a Photoshoping of the Casio photo above to see if we can get the impact which I believe the film shots have.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?